The Greater Orlando Chapter of Florida A & M University Alumni Association plans to award a $1,000.00 scholarship to several deserving Orange County Florida students who have been accepted and will be attending Florida A & M University.
Eligible applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or above.
- Acceptance to Florida A & M University for the FALL 2018 Semester
All Applicants must submit the following documents:
- Completed Scholarship Application Form (All Student Activity Information must be completed on the form)
- Sealed/official copy of student’s High School transcript
- SAT/ACT Score Report
- Copy of the Florida A & M University Fall 2018 Acceptance Letter
- Two (2) letters of recommendation:
- One (1) must come from student’s teacher (Letters from a Counselor/Administrator will not be considered)
- One (1) must come from a community organization, church member or employer
- A one page typed (300 words or less) essay addressing the following questions:
- Why do you choose to attend Florida A & M University?
- What are your goals and aspirations?
- Why are you the best candidate for this scholarship?
- What do you plan to do to support Florida A & M University after you graduate?
The deadline for us to receive all information is Saturday, March 17, 2018 (not post marked on this date). The application and all required information must come in one packet, first class U.S. mail (please no certified mail return receipt request). Information received after March 17, 2018 will disqualify the applicant.
Direct all correspondence to:
Florida A & M University Alumni Association
P.O. Box 681833
Orlando, FL 32868
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact:
Barbara Burns @ 407-839-5807
Deadline: Saturday, March 17, 2018
Download Application and Fact Sheet: