The Greater Orlando Chapter of Florida A & M University Alumni Association plans to award a $1,000.00 scholarship to several deserving Orange County Florida students who have been accepted and will be attending Florida A & M University.
Eligible applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or above.
- Acceptance to Florida A & M University for the FALL 2019 Semester
The deadline has passed for the 2019 scholarship application. Please stay tuned for information on the 2020 scholarship application period opening.
All applicants must submit the following documents in the scholarship application:
- Completed Scholarship Application Form (All Student Activity Information must be completed on the form)
- Sealed/official copy of student’s High School transcript
- SAT/ACT Score Report
- Copy of the Florida A & M University Fall 2020 Acceptance Letter
- Two (2) letters of recommendation:
- One (1) must come from student’s teacher (Letters from a Counselor/Administrator will not be considered)
- One (1) must come from a community organization, church member or employer
- A one page typed (300 words or less) essay addressing the following questions:
- Why do you choose to attend Florida A & M University?
- What are your goals and aspirations?
- Why are you the best candidate for this scholarship?
- What do you plan to do to support Florida A & M University after you graduate?
For questions please contact:
Tamika Matthews: email@example.com
Information received after the deadline will not be considered